Program Associate, The Labor Innovations for the 21st Century (LIFT) Fund
About the LIFT Fund
The LIFT Fund is a collaborative fund that is fiscally sponsored by the Solidago Foundation. Established in 2011 as a partnership between the AFL-CIO and philanthropic institutions, the Labor Innovations for the 21st Century (LIFT) Fund is the first-of-its-kind fund to support collaboration and innovation around new forms of worker organizing. The twin goals of the LIFT Fund are (1) to identify and support innovative work that strengthens and reinvigorates a movement for workers’ rights, decent jobs, and a fair economy for the 21st century and (2) to build greater alignment and synergy between the labor movement and philanthropy.
The LIFT Fund is looking for a dedicated, savvy, and detail oriented Program Associate to work alongside LIFT’s Director building internal capacity at the LIFT Fund. The Program Associate will be an employee of the Solidago Foundation where the LIFT Fund is housed. Ideally the Program Associate lives in or near NY, MA or the DC metro area, although remote work will be considered for the right candidate. If working remotely, we prefer east coast based candidates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Event support:
- Event planning for large and medium size grantee convenings, LIFT partner meetings, and other events.
- Logistical tasks including: working with travel agent or individuals to secure travel for participants, researching and securing event space, catering, local transport, managing event communications and RSVPs, meeting follow-up work, setting up webinars, etc.
- Grantmaking support:
- Assist in the communications with grantees and applicants, grantee notifications and working with our host, Solidago, to ensure timely disbursement of grants.
- Assist with technical inquiries from applicants and direct programmatic inquiries to Director.
- Assist with intake process, compilation of materials and preparation of docket for LIFT partners.
- Maintain calendar for funder deadlines and reports.
- Compile documents and data, and provide support in grant and report writing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Expense management:
- Tracking of expenses, compiling of financial reports, and assist with budgeting process.
- Managing contracts with vendors, researchers and consultants, receiving and submitting invoices and ensure timely payments.
- Generate payment requests and invoice processing, compile reimbursement requests.
- Other administrative support: provide travel and meeting logistical support, file and data management and upkeep, update webpage and social media accounts as necessary, manage (e)mailing lists, schedule internal and external meetings and organize and maintain program files.
- Personal commitment to economic justice, worker and immigrant rights, progressive policy, and the labor movement;
- Strong interest in philanthropy, fundraising and grantmaking;
- Familiarity with and/or experience within worker centers or labor unions a big plus;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Comfortable managing data sets, inputting and tracking financial information and vendor contracts.
- Skills and ability to work with a range of groups, including community leaders, LIFT partners, Solidago staff, consultants and others.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Sensitivity to confidentiality needs and sensitive information.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Compensation and Benefits:
This is an associate program position, salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: To apply, please send a cover sheet and resume addressed to Valeria Treves, LIFT Fund Director to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Program Associate Applicant” in the subject line. Please submit cover letter and resume by Friday, Feb. 2nd.